The Chapelle de Pitié is located in a place called "Les Granges". It was destroyed in the last war and rebuilt just after it. It has been restored by the volunteers of the Voye association. Bombarded by the Allies on 20 October 1944, and rebuilt by Father Cunat in 1948 with war damage money, the renovated chapel is now one of the most beautiful jewels of our local heritage. In spring 2011, work begins to improve access. The structure is dismantled and dry stone walls are built. 13 men and 8 women volunteers meet regularly on weekends to continue the work: scrapping the walls and making a lime plaster. The structure is then completely rebuilt, the roof is covered with slate, the walls are raised, and the windows are framed with sandstone and enriched with superb stained glass. Inside, the pietà takes place in a new niche, and the cross and the decorations of the restored gate are gilded with leaves. The floor is covered with sandstone slabs. Finally, the space around the chapel has been reorganized. Accessible by car and open all year round.
Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.