The Pont des Fées is a bridge located in the communes of Gérardmer and Xonrupt-Longemer. It is an arched bridge, built in medieval stones.
It was built in 1763 and restored between 1782 and 1838 and was the only passageway serving Saint-Dié to the fortress of Martimpré.
Several legends are attributed to the site. According to one of them, a fairy would attract knights to make them drink a potion so that they would not be clairvoyant anymore and to attract them to build the bridge before being released at dawn.
The bridge, known as the Bridge of the Fairies, was listed as a historical monument by order of February 11, 1972.
Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.