Guiding pilgrims on their way, these chapels from the middle of the 17th century are dotted along the traditional route leading to the porch of the church of Notre-Dame de la Sarte, which originally was the chapel around which developed the miracle-based worship of the Virgin. Reworked and even moved during the 18th and 19th centuries along the chemin des Chapelles or Court Thier, the chapels are largely similar in appearance. They are booths made from coated limestone and brick, featuring a slate pavilion roof and mainly open on three sides with an arcade supported by monolithic columns, usually Tuscan. These columns are reflected in two of the chapels by half-columns on which rest lateral arches. A polychrome relief from the mid-19th century, protected by a wrought iron grill or a niche for one of the chapels, projects from the wall and represents one of the sorrows of the Virgin (the visit to the temple, the flight into Egypt, the loss of Jesus, Christ carrying the cross,the death of Christ on the cross and the descent from the cross).
Buildings listed on 1st August 1933