Already registered ? Log in
Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Goede Hoop

Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Goede Hoop


 

Gothic church built in the 14th-15th century, with baroque choir stalls which originally came from the former priory of Groenendaal.

The main church of Vilvoorde dates back to the fourteenth century. She replaced the preexisting Roman parish church. She was built with sandstone in a Gothic style. The construction of the choir and transept probably started in 1342 under the direction of architect Adam Gherijs. Due to lack of money, the nave could only be built in the fifteenth and sixteenth century.

Of the towers that were originally planned, only the north tower was completed. Until 1891 the building was enclosed by a churchyard. Around 1889 several layers of paint and plastering were removed within the church during restoration works.

Vilvoorde
Lat : 50.927Lng : 4.42516
0 m
1 year

Be the first to comment !

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici