Platignum Pens moved to Stevenage in 1957. The move to the new town meant more space and allowed the company to diversify into plastic stationery accessories and fibre tipped pens as well as the production of fountain pens and pencils. The company moved production to Royston in 1984 and closed the Stevenage factory. Our picture shows: Young mums with their children arrive at Platignum Pens on Six Hills Ways 16th August 1961. The company was one of the first to open a day nursery for its workers in the town.