The church is on a newly rearranged esplanade where there is beautiful airy sculpture by Catherine Fourniau, depicting birds and entitled “Flight”.
The brick and stone building dates from 1852 and is a witness to the industrial wealth of Dison in the 19th century and its infatuation at this time with the Middle Ages.
The building is in Neo–Romanesque style with some Neo–Gothic touches. It is topped by a large octagonal tower 47 metres high, which seems to be drawn towards the heavens, like the sculpture on the esplanade.
Inside, the long columns and high windows create a slender composition .The furnishings are also Neo-Romanesque. There is an ancient high altar, wall paintings, brightly coloured stained glass windows and hanging at the edge of the choir, a large cross with an expressive Christ.