Built in 1650, this church takes its name from the Franciscan friars who had built a monastery here. The building has experienced many restorations and alterations.
It is a long edifice in quarried limestone with a single nave and a clock tower, which was added against the façade in 1892.
Inside, is a chapel for the Virgin, a place for pilgrimages, and excellent objects coming from various sanctuaries in the Verviers and Liege area. The church is well known above all for its celebrated statue of the Black Virgin and child, a17th century sculpture, which is placed in a niche on the façade. The statue is black as it was stained by the smoke of candles, by pollution and by a fire and finally, during its restoration, it was painted black. It is famous as a miracle occurred in the church during the earthquake of 18th September 1692.While the locals ran for refuge in the church, the faithful had the impression that the position of the virgin and child had changed and that they faced each other, that their hands had moved closer and touched and that the chest of the baby Jesus faced his mother.