The city of Saint Vith and especially its parish church dedicated to Saint Guy (Saint Vith in German) was nearly totally destroyed by American bombing during the Ardennes offensive in 1944. The city was rebuilt.
The new church, imposing and solidly anchored, was erected by the architect Jean Gilson, inspired by Romanesque art. The massive appearance of the architecture was strengthened by the use of a grey stone material.
One will note numerous interesting modern works done by the artist Siegmund Dobrzycki, especially the ceiling above the choir. Through a set of intertwining lines and curves, he depicts the universe and the omnipresence of God in a symbolic and felicitous way. Dobrzycki also did the enormous cross of the altar, the statues of the Virgin and of the Sacred Heart and those in ceramic of the Way of the Cross.
From the old church there remain a few statues, the Romanesque baptismal fonts, a wooden retable from the 16th century and a statue of Saint Guy.