The church of Saint Catherine is mentioned for the first time in1389 as a hospice. It has been destroyed many times,the last time being at Christmas 1944 when it crumbled with the rest of the town under allied bombing.
Rebuilding started in March 1948 with an annex twice as large as before. For ten years it served as a provisional parish church. Since its restoration in 1984 it represents itself as a chapel of Romanesque character in trimmed stone.
The interior is harmonious and modern and shelters a tabernacle, a crucifix and a well made Virgin. A life sized statue of Saint Catherine escaped the wartime destruction. A commonplace cross has a place of honour as it was saved from the ruins by an American Sioux soldier and was brought back by him in 2001 after being on an Indian reservation for 56 years.
The calm, warm atmosphere encourages contemplation .There are regular services especially for children and the French speaking community.