The church is in the heart of the historical centre of the city and was rebuilt in the 17th century in gothic-renaissance style. The Romanesque tower (XIIIe) is one of the oldest historic buildings still existing in the region of Herve. It reminds us of the feudal period when all buildings were fortified because of insecurity and the 3 metre thick walls are furnished with loop-holes.
Inside, the baptismal font is the oldest religious work. Several paintings and stained glass windows are like an “instruction by pictures» above all of the Eucharist and devotion to the Virgin. Worth seeing are the pulpit (1739), a masterpiece of Louis XIV Liege style and the high quality organ (1672).