This basilica, dedicated to the Virgin is a place of pilgrimage with a glorious past. It is on top of a hill on the right of the Vesdre valley. It belongs to the Carmelites who have their convent next to it.
It’s a Gothic church founded in 1899 but which has suffered serious damage in both world wars.
nside there are two large murals dating from 1950. Above the entrance is a huge painting “The Annals of Chevremont “by Léon de Bruyn, which recounts 2000 years of the place’s history. In the transept is a painting to the glory of Saint Joseph by Joseph Bonvoisin. The master altar in the choir is of blue stone from Soignies surmounted by a canopy under which is a statue of the Virgin of Carmel.