Located at the foot of Cointe hill not far from the station of Guillemins, the Russian Orthodox Church has architecture typical of its home country with its 6 blue bulbous bell turrets.
It is also a witness to the life of the Russian community in the city since the end of the 19th century with its successive waves of students, exiles from the October revolution, miners, displaced persons after the Second World War and nowadays the new arrivals from the East. Today the community is also open to those of Belgian origin.
The church was destroyed in 1944 by a German V1 and was rebuilt in the style of traditional Novgorod churches with 5 cupolas in the shape of a bulb (plus an additional one over the main door).
Inside there are beautiful icons which encourage meditation.