This church is located on a very animated Parisian like square with restaurants, a library and shops close by. It was built in the 1930’s in neo-Romanesque style thanks mainly to the donation of Frederic Brugmann , the nephew and successor of the landowner, George Brugmann after whom the square is named.
The interior is in red brick and the floor in mosaic tiling while the nave has alternate columns in white stone and in brick. In the choir there is a statue of the Virgin in white stone. Large organs. Some art-deco touches with its confessionals in red Carrara marble. Beautiful stained glass in the choir and the rose window by Crespin and Colpaert but the main interest lies in the new stained glass windows created by the artist Jan Goris (15 are already in place, notably those in the choir, while 8 are yet to be installed). By their play on lines and superb pastel tones, recalling aquarelles, they symbolically evoke the main stages in the life of the Virgin from the Annunciation to the Assumption and events in the life of Jesus. They are like a meditation on the spiritual development of Mary and a master-work to be fully appreciated preferably with explanations by Jan Goris about his art.