One of the best known churches of Brussels. Ideally located on a busy boulevard just two paces from Square Montgomery, it is also one of the most prestigious of the capital’s schools and is run by Jesuits. It is a recent church being less than a 100years old. It was inaugurated in 1912 when the Jesuits opened their new school in the green outskirts of the city. Since then thousands of pupils and their relations have attended there.
It is a neo Romanesque church. The façade, right on the boulevard, is in advance of the two towers that flank it. The choir was modelled on the church of St. Servais in Maastricht. Inside, the church is in the form of a Latin cross. Stained glass windows and statues depict Jesuit saints like Francois-Xavier or Ignatius Loyola. Above the aisles, rostrums and dozens of altars allow numerous priests to celebrate their own masses. Times have moved on and today there are fewer Jesuits in the establishment and the spirit is of observance together and of participation of the faithful.
The church, always open to all, has regular services and priests are available for a meeting or for a sacrament.