This remarkable edifice dating from 1050 is the oldest Romanesque church in the country. It is the only one that has kept the dedicatory stone that commemorates the consecration of the church on 20 June 1050.
The external framework is pleasing, with the very old cemetery that surrounds the church and the ancient lime tree very close by. The building was constructed to a very simple plan: a central part and two side parts that are less elevated. The church has been maintained to a great extent in the original state of primitive Romanesque churches: small size, soberness, simplicity of the construction, equilibrium of the proportions.
It contains interesting furnishing, in particular the works of the master of Waha, superb statues of saints, the baptismal tank and, the only contemporary element, stained glass windows done by Louis-Marie Londot and by Jean-Michel Folon which recall the martyrdom of Saint Stephen.