This church, classified as an exceptional part of the cultural heritage of Wallonia, is impressive due to its size and its dimensions. It dominates the landscape of Arlon, especially thanks to its 97 m tall tower. It could be a cathedral rising up from the Middle Ages. And yet it is a collegial church, and the building is of recent construction (1907-1914). It is one of the most remarkable Neo-Gothic buildings in the country. Its construction dates from the beginning of the 20th century, responding to the wish of Leopold II, to grant to Arlon, the new administrative centre of the province of Luxembourg, a monumental religious edifice of such a nature as to impress foreigners entering into the country.
The building is a true Medieval reconstruction as successful as the original structures. Here as in the Gothic cathedrals one finds the wide central nave, monumental portals, grimacing birds and monsters crouched on the cornices.
In the interior, one will notice the stained glass windows, and in particular the great rose window at the head of the choir, the cathedra for preaching in the Neo-Romanesque style, the stalls and the great organs.