Located at the end of the long village square, the building is characterized by its massive 11th century clock tower.
The church dedicated to Christ the Saviour was built around 1100 in stone from the village itself. During a violent storm the 1st august 1674, the spire fell and broke the church framework. A century later the abbey of Saint Denis en Brocqueroie had the choir and the naves rebuilt on the old foundations.
In the freshly painted interior Tuscan columns outline 3 naves. In the panelled choir a large canvas depicts the descent from the Cross and the Louis XV pulpit shows the four evangelists and their respective characters.
In the surrounding countryside there are many small columns with niches containing religious statuettes.There are around twenty in the area of Petit-Engien.