The church is on a promontory just two paces from the Escaut. It’s a neogothic building dating from 1843 but it was renovated in 1997. The church is open daily and due to new lighting and repainting and fresh flowers it is very welcoming. The chancel is especially warm thanks to the predominance of light oak on the altar and on the pews along the side. Among the statues is one of Saint Eloi.