As was the case elsewhere in the country, the War of 1914-1918 destroyed numerous buildings. The church of Rongy was destroyed at the end of the war, on 20 October 1918. Fortunately, the greater part of the furniture was saved by the parish priest of the time, especially the principal altar of oak, dating from 1703 and measuring 13 metres long. People were able to replace it in the church whose reconstruction was completed in 1928. At the entrance to the building one also discovers a funeral monument to the memory of François de Roisin, one of Napoleon’s officers, dead in 1812 during the Russian campaign.