A regional tourist brochure speaks of a « stone basilica in a cathedral of green ». In fact the building, totally in blue stone from the local quarries is impressive for its size and its dominant position in the immediate neighbourhood of the Plaines of Hainault.
The octagonal basilica dating from 1892 is of Neo-gothic design and is a classified building.
It is a place of pilgrimage to Our Lady of “Bon Secours”invoked after the cessation of a plague in 1636. The place is so well known that it has taken the name “Bon Secours (good help)”.
Inside, an oak statue of the Virgin overlooks the choir. There are also beautiful ceramics by Max van der Linden telling the story of Mary. Close by, the monastery of Notre Dame de Bon Secours is occupied by Bernardines.