The close neighbour, Joliment hospital was founded by the Servite Sisters of Mary in 1882 so it is not surprising that the nuns built a chapel. It was built after the war in 1947 thanks to the generosity of benefactors, invalids and pilgrims who are remembered at the entrance.
It became a parish church in 1974.
These nuns, devoted to the aged, the industrially injured and the sick of the region numbered 138 in 1962 and are now just a dozen. It follows that in this environment of the sick and injured, the church is dedicated to Our Lady of Compassion and inside there are sculptures representing the seven sorrows of Mary, such as the flight to Egypt of the Holy Family and Mary at the foot of the cross.