Already registered ? Log in
Eglise Saint-Remy

Eglise Saint-Remy


 

Nothing is left of the small church dating back to 1311.However,the sanctuary from the mid 16th century in brick, limestone and sandstone has survived for us. In 1876 a new tower was joined on and a third archway added to the nave. In 1931 a fire destroyed or damaged the interior furnishings but they were restored thanks to the generosity of the parishioners.

The church has a magnificent Calvary , one of the last set of polychrome sculptures characteristic of “hennuyer” 16th century art.

Lobbes
Lat : 50.3516Lng : 4.21453
0 m
1 year

Be the first to comment !

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez iciJ'ai compris