The first church dedicated to Saint Peter was built in the 10th century by Saint Gerard. According to tradition this Merovingian building would have been built by Pepin of Herstal and consecrated by Saint Lambert at the end of the 7th century. Only the absidal chapel, uncovered in 2007 in the southern sacristy, remains from this period.
From the outside the building is now an inharmonious mixture of sandstone and limestone blocks. It is gothic but later changes like the 17th century choir, the 19th century tower and the 19th and 20th century sacristies are apparent.
The entrance is only through the clock tower built in 1857. The interior has one nave separated from the aisles by columns which delimit three bays. The bays in tierce-point illuminate the building. The interior is baroque with a stucco ceiling dating from 1750.
The furnishings are noteworthy especially the 17th century high altar and pulpit, a large Christ from the early 16th century and a 17th century polychrome statue of Saint Peter.