Located along the Meuse, this old abbey church founded by Irish monks in the 11th century is full of charm.
People admire its massive and imposing tower, its architecture devoid of artifice and its lovely setting along the river. To a great extent it is in the Romanesque style with its tower, its nave with beautiful square pillars supporting the arcatures with round arches, its transept and its crypt. The choir is Gothic (1264).
In the interior, one will notice the stalls and the wall paintings, both very old, dating from the 13th century. The statuary is very rich, especially with works by Lambert Lombard. The crypt contains Merovingian sarcophagi and very aged reliquaries.