In a verdant environment in Tancrémont, between Pepinster and Banneux is this little chapel renowned for its large prominent cross, known as “Good Old God.»
It is 2 metres high and a sorrowful, moving Christ is crucified on it. It was found in a field by a peasant in the 19th century. It had probably been buried during the French revolution and could have come from the nearby church of Theux. The carbon 14 method dates this well preserved cross from between 810 and 965. As proof of the faith of the inhabitants, this chapel was built in 1895 to hold and to put on show this happy discovery. It was restored in 1932 and again in 1986. Traditional religious services are celebrated here.