This church, which was rebuilt in the 17th century in Renaissance Gothic style, is in the historic centre of Herve.The early 13th century Romanesque tower is one of the oldest monumental buildings existing in the Herve area. It recalls the feudal period when, due to insecurity, everywhere was fortified. The walls are three metres thick furnished with loopholes. The tower (21m), topped by a spiral spire (28m), is flanked by four watchtowers crowned with octagonal spires.
On top of the spiral steeple is a very large cross decorated with lily, from 1805.
At the crossing of the transept is an octagonal belfry in which one can see the bell dating from 1518.
There are guided visits for the public to the fortified tower and its steeple.
An oratory on the ground floor of the tower has a reliquary with relics coming from the main reliquary of Pope Alexander (105-115) as well as a parchment dated 1145 signed by the Abbot Wibald de Stavelot authenticating the deposit of these relics.
The dates off construction of the church are embossed on the metopes placed over the windows: side naves :1625 and 1626; transept and choir 1653.
The church, which has been listed since 1934, had a major exterior renovation in 2010 and 2011.