The parish Heilig-Hart emerged in 1909 around a temporary church. Father Leys took the initiative to build the eventual church of the Sacred Heart at the crossroads of the vests and Aarschotsesteenweg. The first stone was laid by Cardinal Van Roey on May 15,1939. On April 14 1940 the three-aisled brick stone opened to the public. The solemn consecration took place on October 7 and 8, 1951.
The parish celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009 by renovating the harmonium and the organ and by purchasing the statue “Welcoming Jesus Christ”. It can be found at the front of the church together with a statue of the Good Shepherd and with wall paintings by the hand of Yvan Struys.