Classical church in brick and sandstone, situated on an enjoyable square surrounded by a kiosk and flowers in summer.
The village has many Livinus chapels, the biggest of which can be found behind the monastery in the Kauwstraat. The kiosk on the square was built in honor of Saint Livinus’ jubilee. Yet the church is dedicated to Saint-Martin, a contemporary of Saint Livinus. The old church was pulled down in 1774 and replaced by the current, classical building in brick and sandstone. At the northern side of the church a small remnant of the original churchyard wall remains. The church was recently renovated.
Within the church we can see a listed organ built by Van Peteghem (1782), a famous family of organ builders. The southern transept contains a relic of Saint Brice (son of Livinus), which is carried in the procession during the Livinus Festival.
The Stations of the Cross were painted around 1936 by Jan de Cooman. The last station (Christ at the cross) was rejected by the priest at that time because neither Mary nor John are represented. That is why these Stations of the Cross have a fifteenth station.
The interior paintwork is Late-Regency style. Artist J. Pauwels painted the paintings on the 18th century main altar (Christ at the Cross) and both baroque side altars (including The Adoration of the Shepherds) in the second half of the 19th century.