Perched on a promontory the church is clearly visible from the neighbourhood. It is a monumental structure in red brick and blue stone dating from 1865 and, like many churches of this period, is built partly in Romanesque and partly in Gothic style. he building is imposing as the tower, belfry and spire is around 72metres in height.
It was renovated in 2010. Inside is a Way of the Cross, the organ, the icon of Our Lady and stained glass windows.