This little country church with its surrounding graveyard is now a protected village view.
The oldest remains of a one aisled church date back to the thirteenth century. The masonry of the arch in Tournai stone, situated behind the rood screen in the church, has been made visible again. The first expansion of the church was the western tower. The tower vault rests on four corbels that are decorated with symbols of the four evangelists.
During the 17th century a southern aisle with three Gothic windows was added. Late in the 18th century this aisle was extended with a fourth bay with a Classicist arched window. In this period the northern aisle was constructed in the same style.
The five-sided apse is decorated in neo-Gothic style. A representation of the Nativity has been carved in the pedestal of the altar. There is a reliquary above the tabernacle dating back to the eighteenth century. On top of it is an oak bust of St. Peter, the patron saint of this church.
The mahogany church furniture is Classicist, dating back to the late 18th and early 19th century. A central medallion in the pulpit depicts Christ the Good Shepherd. On the southern side of the confessional there is a medallion depicting a repentant Peter and on the northern side a medallion depicting Maria Magdalene as a hermit. The rood loft and the organ also date back to the eighteenth century. During the restoration works of the organ the name ‘P. Van Petegem, 1741‘ were found in the valve chest. In the middle of the organ case is a medallion depicting King David.
The fifteenth century brass baptismal font, originally from Tournai, now stands amid a curved oak bench, in such a way that it creates a baptistery.