The main body of the building (1717) in brick and stone comprises three naves behind a square tower (1830). On the outside to the right of the entrance is a beautiful wooden Calvary.
Inside the central nave, vaulted over Romanesque arcades, leads to the choir with a floor in black and white marble. The wooden high altar in Louis XIII style is surmounted by a richly adorned tabernacle. The large wooden statues (18th century) are from the school of the well known sculptor from Liege, Jean Del Cour, and represent Saint Mathias, patron of the parish, Saint Hubert and Mary and Joseph.
The side chapel on the left is dedicated to Mary. High above the entrance is a magnificent organ case dating from 1598 and one of the oldest in the province of Liege.