Schore was inhabited in Roman times but was then submerged under the sea. Around 1100 the land re-emerged and the church of Our Lady was built. The village was destroyed again during WWI but was rebuilt along the plans of the architect Theo Raison (Bruges) following the pre-war layout. It was built in 1924-25 in Neo-Gothic style as was the fashion of this period.
It is a market hall style church with three naves of entertaining makeup and a tower with a roof clock. The stained glass window shows the Stages of the Cross (1925).The church has some noteworthy paintings from before the reconstruction: Our Lady of the Rosary and the fifteen mysteries and the coronation of Mary. The Holy family with Saint Anne and Saint Joachim decorate the altar.