The neo-Gothic basilica with transept was constructed in the period 1908-1910. A Gothic tower in rubble and marlstone is attached on the western side of the church. The four lower levels of the tower date back to the thirteenth and fourteenth century. In 1910, more levels were added to the tower. Its spire is covered in slate. The nave and the choir are constructed using brick and have gable roofs. The lancet windows have a bright red brick framework.
Recently, the interior got a thorough restoration. The church consists out of a nave and two aisles with six bays, a transept, a chancel with side choirs and a vestry on each side. Pointed arches dominate the plastered interior. The arches that separate the nave from the aisles consist out of ordinary and glazed bricks. They rest on stone pillars with foliage capitals.
Part of the furniture are a Calvary cross and a part of an oak communion (mid nineteenth century). There are also two confessionals in Louis XVI-style (late eighteenth century) and a striking protected Clerinx organ.
The statue of Saint Ursula dates back to the seventeenth century. According to legend, she was the daughter of a Christian king who was married to a pagan prince. Together with eleven thousand virgins she fled to freedom. During their journey the virgins were captured by the Huns. Ursula was killed together with her companions. They were pierced with arrows. Consequently Ursula is often portrayed with one or more arrows in her hands, neck or chest. She is the patron saint of - among other things - young girls, school children and teachers.
A pointed arched gateway provides access to the former cemetery. Several tombstones date back to the eighteenth century.