The house of the people in Élouges was built in 1895. It was originally the property of the "Union, Ordre, économie" cooperative company.
The building features an extended design facing the road. Its classical layout is made up of a central section of three bays, adjoined by two symmetrical wings, each with four bays. There are two levels and a bâtière roof with dormer windows. The façade is defined by pilasters and string courses in bluestone, in strips on the ground floor and fluted on the first floor. Note also on the ground floor that the windows are capped by a lowered arch while the windows on the first level are rectangular, with an entablature and pediment. Below the balcony in wrought iron, the entry door has retained its original decoration illustrating miners' tools.
The house of the people, which still is one, was once occupied by a bread shop and an office (in the bays on the left), as well as by a grocer's and butcher's (in the right-hand bays). The central section accommodated the house of the people itself. The porch allowed access to the internal courtyard where the bakery, reception room and stables were located.