Ordange castle in Seraing, which mentioned from the 15th century, came under the allodial court of Liège. Damaged by the troops of Charles de Téméraire in 1468 and destroyed by the de la Marcks during their fight against bishop Jean de Horn in 1490, the castle was rebuilt and experienced various occupants during the 16th century.
The castle has retained its enclosed character and moat from its past as a mediaeval fortress. The entrance is framed by two circular towers from the 15th or 16th centuries. These towers are lit by casement windows and originally there would have been a drawbridge, which has today been replaced by a stone bridge. The two towers are lined by an open passageway under a lintel window. The gate still has traces of the openings used to manoeuvre the chains of the drawbridge, while the upper level has arquebusier openings.
The castle has old stables and a chapel featuring a vaulted ceiling and remarkable wall paintings in the sacristy. The main accommodation section, consisting of six bays, rises to two levels. The façade, dated 1643, is made up of brick and limestone, partly hidden by ivy. The furnishings in the dwelling include Gothic, Renaissance and classical fireplaces.
Allodial: not subject to seigniorial rights
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia (wall decorations in the chapel, fixed furnishings)