This house at n°6 Rue des Marêts, also called the (old) Château des Marêts, was built during the first half of the 16th century. The building was modified and altered subsequently, particularly during the 18th century, giving it its current shape and appearance. This former property of the Rouveroys in the 16th and 18th centuries, was totally restored as part of a programme of works conducted between 2002 and 2004. The building today house two apartments.
Built on a base section of coal formation sandstone, the date of which is uncertain, the house then had a half-timbered and brick upper part added in 1524-1534 (dated by dendrochronology). The whitewashed base section is on two levels. The ground floor has a door, while the first floor is lit by traverse and casement windows.
The upper, half-timbered section is on two levels. Braced by St Andrew's crosses, both levels have casement windows. This exceptional cob wall is one of the oldest of its type in the region.
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia (gable and cob wall)