The Romanesque chapel of Saints-Pierre-et-Paul is the chancel of the old church of the same name. Mentioned for the first time in 1104, the church was built between 1130 and 1158 under the abbotcy of Wibald. The church was abandoned from the end of the 19th century and converted into a chapel. It was then decided to keep just the chancel and seal the shortened building with a neo-Romanesque façade. The chapel was restored in the 20th century by the architect A. Barentsen.
The church would have had a tower, nave and side aisles with three bays, as well as a chancel. The current chapel is formed only by the presbyterium and apse of the initial chancel. The tower and side aisles were destroyed in 1665 and the nave demolished in 1893.
This presbyterium, built in limestone blocks, is lit by two windows. The sides are decorated with arcature friezes descending to pilasters. Square in shape, it has a ridged vault ceiling. The apse has a semi-domed ceiling. The roof of the chapel is in slate. During the restoration, the lime coating covering the internal walls was removed, revealing outstanding 15th-century walls paintings on the north and south walls of the presbyterium.
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia (wall paintings, circa 1500)