The church of Saint-Pierre d’Hody was rebuilt in the 18th century. It retains a massive square tower that has been reworked. Built in sandstone blocks, this church has remarkable interior decoration.
A classical offset doorway was installed in the tower in 1736. This doorway features a Roman arch, timber jambs and a dated keystone. It is topped by a triangular pediment that includes the beaten coat of arms of the de Rahier family. The tower is capped by a short octagonal spire crowned with a dome and cross. The single nave and chancel are lit by windows with convex lintels. The interior features a decor of stuccoed panels. The six panels of the lowered vaulting in the nave are separated by transverse rib arches and are emblazoned with coats of arms. One of them bears the arms of the de Rahier family, while another is dated 1766. Note the bust of St Peter emerging from the clouds, framed by the attributes of the evangellsts. The chancel ends in an apse with three walls and with the same windows as the nave. One of them also bears the date of 1718. Above the altar are new panels decorated by the attributes of the priesthood. The chancel is surrounded by the dove of the Holy Spirit.
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia (painted decoration of the 16th and 18th centuries)