Notre-Dame church was built from 1749 to 1753 by J.T. Maljean, an architect from Namur. Initially dedicated to St Peter and St Paul, the church changed its form of worship and replaced the collegiate church that was demolished in 1803. Built in brick and bluestone, based on a traditional plan, the church has three naves with five bays, a prominent transept and a long chancel with three bays ending in a semicircular apse. Deconsecrated since 2004, the building is now waiting to be used for some other purpose.
The façade has two levels, one Ionic, the other composite, decorated with pilasters. It has a central doorway with Roman arch with the keystone bearing the date "1751", and side doors. The upper level, with window, is flanked by two wings and two obelisks. Above everything is a triangular pediment decorated with shell.
The nave, with two side aisles, rises to double height. The naves have vaulted ceilings on joists, while the crossing of the transept features a lowered dome and the arms of the transept have semi-domed vaulting. Some items of furnishings are worth noting: the stained glass windows by Y. Gérard (20th century), the altars, the confessionals, the chancel wall, etc.
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia