The Perron fountain is one of two fountains that form a line down the Place du Marché, one of the historic hearts of the Fiery City of Liège. This fountain, the origins of which date back to the 13th century and which was rebuilt in the 16th century, is crowned by the Perron, the symbol of Liège's freedom. In its current state, it is made up of a central body surrounded by a gallery supporting a balustrade. The group of Graces by Jean Del Cour that adorned the fountain since 1697 is currently preserved in the Ansembourg Museum, as are other materials, such as the cast iron or cut stone that replaced the original marble in the 19th century.
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia