A classic building in brick and Gobertange stone, built on a promontory overlooking Piétrain stream, the church has a slender quadrangular tower flanked by rounded annexes and topped by a tall polygonal spire. Behind this tower is a single nave of three bays ending in a chancel with cut-off corners. A date stone for 1768, dating from the reconstruction of the building, decorates the tympanum of the doorway. Dedicated initially to St Gertrude, the church is currently dedicated to St Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows. An enclosed cemetery surrounds the building.
The church is distinguished by the presence of a listed organ in the Louis XV style positioned on a platform opposite the choir. Built in 1756, it is the work of a maker whose name has not survived. The instrument has only undergone minor modifications since. The relatively compact organ case features opulent mouldings and a main cartouche in Rocaille style. This forms the casket of an instrument made up of two turrets framed by face plates.
Listed on 29/08/1990 (organ)