As is the case in most of the villages that make up the entity of Jodoigne, Conard mill or Charles mills demonstrates the use through a series of farming and livestock-related professions, of the hydrographic basin of Grande Gette and its tributaries. Along with Strael mill, it is one of the two installations of this type in the former commune of Jodoigne-Souveraine. Situated below St Peter's church, the mill was commissioned by count Jules de Glymes in 1848 and remained in operation until 1972. Accessible by a walkway overlooking the Gette and along old weirs, the mill is made up of a small quadrangular building faced in Gobertange stone on the river side and topped by a tiled roof. Like Genville mill, which is also listed, Conard mill has retained its mechanism, which includes three pairs of millstones.
Building listed on 03/06/1993