The establishment of the Sœurs Grises or Hospitalières of the Order of Saint-François in Jodoigne dates back to 1512, when the bishop of Liège, Érard de la Marck, gave them permission to take over a hospital that had been in place since the 14th century. In 1515, the bailiff of Wasseiges, Jacques de Glymes, had a convent building and chapel dedicated to St Nicolas built for them opposite the hospital and against the town walls. Abolished in 1798 as part of the event following the French Revolution, only a few vestiges of the convent, in the form of a bevelled base and traces of windows, are still visible in the car park on Rue du Sergent Sortet. The site of the convent buildings is current occupied by a 19th-century building that houses the former middle school of Jodoigne.
Listed on 16/11/1982