Already registered ? Log in
The church Saint-Martin of Dion-le-Val

The church Saint-Martin of Dion-le-Val


Built from 1837 to 1838 by Moreau, the neoclassical church of St Martin of Dion-le-Val is part of a group of buildings that also includes the presbytery, outbuildings and grounds, as well as the buildings of the old farm and square. The building's interior was refurbished in 2003 by the architect, Jean Cosse, and tends towards a refined style. The walls have been repainted and items of furniture removed to create an "earth-coloured" nave. The building houses small statues from local rural origins, as well as Renaissance recumbent figures dating from the 16th century, including Philippe de Dion (died 1532), the local landowner.

Listed: (2-12-1959)

Chaumont-Gistoux
Lat : 50.7163Lng : 4.66152
0 m
2 years

Be the first to comment !

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici