The church of Saint-Feuillen was built on the site of a Merovingian sanctuary dedicated to St Peter and two successive Carolingian buildings. In 1086, the eastern section of the chancel was built, as was a crypt. Of these earlier buildings, only the Ottonian front section and the transept still survive. The naves and their chapels were rebuilt between 1721 and 1723.
The front section of the church, dating from the end of the 10th century, is flanked by two stair turrets topped by a powerful Romanesque tower and limestone blocks. It is made up of four levels and was topped by a Baroque spire at the beginning of the 18th century. The nave, in brick and bluestone, is flanked by side aisles in limestone blocks, adjoining two chapels with brick gables. The spans are barrel vaulted and stuccoed, with joist arches decorated with classic motifs. The prominent transept was half levelled in the 18th century and is one of the remnants preserved from the earlier buildings (Carolingian and Romanesque). The chancel has five bays with groined vaulting. It adjoins an axial chapel with three bays dating from 1655 and is above the 19th century crypt.
Some of the outstanding pieces among the furnishings include the Baroque high altar, the 16th-century stalls and Romanesque baptismal fonts.
Listed: 24-11-1941 (with the exception of the organ)
Exceptional heritage site of Wallonia