The current basilica - which was given this title in 1950 - was built in the gothic style between the 13th and 15th century. Thoroughly restored in the 19th century, this church is a pre-eminent place for the worship of the Virgin owing to the presence of the statue of Notre Dame de Walcourt, dating approximately from the beginning of the 11th century. The interior of the church houses a splendid jubé (choir-screen) in late gothic style, known as Charles V (1531). The choir also has forty beautiful oak stalls (first quarter of the 16th century).
Building listed by Order of the Secretaries General (13-08-1941)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia