Built between 1775 and 1780, the town hall at Verviers consists of three sections, of which the central section has a curved pediment set above the revolutionary motto Publicité, sauvegarde du peuple (“Publicity, the people’s safeguard”). The interior is of a very high quality, with features such as a beautiful wrought-iron Louis XVI banister (1780) on the staircase connecting the lower and upper floors. The finest part, however, is the reception room or salon royal on the upper floor, which has five large windows and five doors. Allegorical works depict Minerva receiving the homage of the town of Verviers, the four elements and the four known continents.
Building listed by RD (15-03-1934))
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia