Recent archaeological excavations have enabled the history of the abbey church, built in the 11th century and destroyed during the French Revolution, to be updated. The mainly 18th-century monastic buildings now house a museum dedicated to the poet Apollinaire, the museum of the principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Musée du Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, which traces the history of the motor-racing circuit and contains a remarkable collection of vehicles.
Building and site listed by RD (24-12-1958)
Building (with protection zone) listed by Ministerial Decree of the Walloon Region (20-07-1994)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia