Designed by the most famous architect in the Austrian Netherlands, Laurent-Benoît Dewez, the Château de Seneffe was built between 1763 and 1769 in the neoclassical style. The main building is surmounted by a balustrade and a pediment bearing coats of arms, and is connected by two colonnaded galleries to two domed pavilions. Around 1780, the park was landscaped in the English style, and the orangery and the theatre were built. The site is now owned by the Communauté française de Belgique and following restoration work, now houses a silverware museum.
Building (and theatre) listed by RD (24-12-1958)
Listed site (24-12-1958)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia