Built on marshland in the 15th century, this château with moats still has its four circular corner-towers, the largest of which forms the dungeon. This latter has a simple internal layout, and externally it has a corbelled top storey for defensive purposes: there are four loopholes for small cannon and four low openings which were used to supply the men on the machicolation with various projectiles. In the early 17th century, the livingquarters, which replaced the curtain walls, were altered and the entrance passage gained its massive banded columns. The chateau was completely renovated in the 20th century and now contains a museum of hunting.
Building listed by RD (1-02 -1937)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia